Saturday, July 4, 2015

As if it Meant More

I'm reminded of C.S. Lewis' description of the new Narnia in the final book of The Chronicles of Narnia, The Last Battle. 

Lewis says of this new place: "Every rock and flower and blade of grass looked as if it meant more. I can't describe it any better than that. . ." 

Later, the Unicorn explains that it was the land he'd been looking for his whole life, but that he had loved the old Narnia because "sometimes it looked a little like this."

Here, I find nature meaning more. It gestures to another place that, at its best, looks a little like the New. 

But it's not quite home. 


1 comment:

epicfarms said...

Having come through cancer, Polymyositis, and various and sundry other medical misadventures, too numerous to mention, I will say that it all means more (even if it is just my temporary home ;o)