Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Another Question to Ask God

This morning I read a quote by A.W. Tozer. He writes:

“The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us. ” 

I realize the truth of it: I know all the ways Jesus brought me to the end of myself (children, crushed dreams, failures, depression and anxiety). I know the ways He continues to bring me to the end of myself in similar categories.

Still I give orders. Still I let myself imagine how things might be.

Today I'm challenged to simply ask God a new question. I want to know how and if I'm interfering with His work within me.

How am I interfering--and thwarting--anything you want to do in my life, Lord? Show me! Help me surrender to you! 

In my list of life-changing questions to ask and answer with God, I'm adding this as #5.

1. Is knowing Jesus better than anything?
2. Is there anything in my life that doesn't please you, God?
3. Will I live the life God asks me to?
4. Am I available to be God's spokesperson?
5. How am I interfering with God's work within me? 

No comments: