Friday, March 27, 2015

I Love Psalm 143:10

This morning I read this in Psalm 143:10: 

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."

It's such a simple cry for God to teach us what we need to know to do His will, and that we'd be led on level ground. I learn that the idea of "level ground" doesn't just mean straight; the description also means pleasing, agreeable, and good (as in righteous). What a great, simple prayer for anyone today. 

It's not as if we come before God knowing already what to do and how to live. It's not as if we come before God knowing the path today or how to move forward. 

We pray this: Teach me to do this, God. Teach me whatever it is I need to know to accomplish Your plans for me. And, by the way, could the path please be a good, pleasing, level one? Something drama-free and peaceful? Thank you, Lord. 

No comments: