Monday, August 25, 2014

Gross and Delicious

I only have a five more back to school dinners for my oldest daughter. In five years, she'll be in college! I suddenly want to make tonight's dinner so special for this back-to-school night. I know just what my daughters love:

Honey chicken!

Honey chicken isn't even fancy; it's just chicken tenders lightly breaded in flour and sautéed in olive oil (or coconut oil) and drizzled with honey.

We'll celebrate with honey chicken. And yes, I may share that honey represents living with flair; it's the product of bees making something out of nectar. It's a little disgusting, actually. Honey forms through regurgitation. I won't go into it, but you get the point. What I love is that bees take from their environment and create a nourishing thing.

No matter what we encounter tomorrow at school, we'll take it in and offer the world the sweetest honey in return.


No comments: