Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Winning Favor

Today I remember that I'm not fighting to win God's favor.

I already have it in full.

I'm approved of, well-liked, and blessed because I've received the righteousness of Christ. God's attitude towards me is one of glorious favor.

In Psalm 90:17, the writer asks, "May the favor of the Lord rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us." I read also in Psalm 84 that "The Lord is a sun and a shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." God bestows his favor and lets it rest on us because in Romans 3:22 we learn that a "righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ." We're blameless and pure, worthy of favor and blessing because of this gift--not by anything we do or don't do.

We don't win it, work for it, beg, or bargain. We have it, and today we believe and receive it.

I wonder how a day goes when we experience the reality of God's favor in our lives. I'm excited to see what happens!






No comments: