Thursday, November 1, 2012

"You Told Me Once, and I Took Note."

This morning, a friend delivers a little birthday gift to me relating to the small details. She remembered the particular kind of coffee I love, the fun kind of socks I wear, the bright nail polish I put on my toes, and even the kind of pen I love to use best of all when grading papers and writing in my journal. 

Yes, she knew about the pens. She added them into the mix that made up a big package waiting for me in my kitchen.

She knew about the pens!

The kind of pen? It's the Pilot G-2 0.38 Premium Gel Roller in blue ink. She knows I'm a pen snob. It has to be the G-2. It has to be the 0.38 ultra fine pen. She wrapped them up in tissue paper, and I laugh so hard when I open them.

Small things. Tiny details. Oh, how loved I felt.

Living with flair means you remember things about your friends. You remember that they only use the Pilot G-2 0.38 Premium Gel Roller in blue ink. I asked her how in the world she knew about those pens. She said, "You told me once, and I took note."

So there you have it. I want to take note of those small things, those tiny details, in others.

____________________________________________
What's a small thing--a tiny detail--about you and your particular loves?  

3 comments:

Patricia W Hunter said...

What a great friend!!! And Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you are having a great day, Heather - overflowing with blessings, all things good and those you love. XOXOX

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so happy you have a friend who took note and gave you such a special gift today.
For many years I kept a notebook of menus I used for hospitality and kept notes of likes and dislikes. I think it made me as comfortable as it made them.

And for me...remembering that I prefer vanilla to chocolate wins my heart.

juliana said...

Happy Birthday Heather!