Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What Gets Set in Motion

I love putting things in my crock pot, leaving for campus, and returning hours later to dinner. The crock pot performs this secret work all day--that secret ministry--while I go about my regular life. I set it in motion, and it continues all day long.

You set things in motion in the morning, and they do their thing to create something good by the end of the day. I think about what gets set in motion by prayer, a kind word to a family member or a neighbor, a brisk walk, a photograph taken, a thought considered. 

We set things in motion, every day. For good or not, we do. I want to set the right things in motion.

_________________________
Did you set something in motion today?

1 comment:

elaine said...

i love your blog, i come here every day, spend a few minutes and in the time my spirit is always renewed , thank you