Saturday, November 3, 2012

"Oh, Good! You're Exactly Where I Want You to Be."

This morning, I rock in my old rocking chair as I read a verse from Colossians 2 about having "all the fullness" of God inside of me. I'm thinking about any empty place and the promise that I'm actually full.

I'm just rocking and thinking, tapping my chin, and I hear my youngest calling out to me. "Where are you? Mama, where are you?"

"I'm right here," I say.

She peers around the corner and cries out, "Oh, good! You're exactly where I want you to be."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to be here playing, and I want to be where you are." She's talking about the little doll tea party she's set up in the living room, right in front of the rocking chair. She starts playing. She's not even talking to me or looking at me. She's just playing in front of me, wanting me to be there.

So we're there together, and I feel very full inside. It feels like God is saying to me, "Oh, good! You're exactly where I want you to be." I rock some more and read. I'm bursting with fullness.

__________________________
Do you feel full today?

2 comments:

Karyn said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Winnie-the-Pooh....

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you.”

juliana said...

this is wonderfully beautiful!