Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Miriam's Tambourine: The Song You Would Sing

This morning I read in Exodus 15:20: "Then Miriam the prophetess, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her with tambourines and dancing. Miriam sang to them: 'Sing to the Lord, for he is highly exalted'."

Something about this woman challenges me today. She takes up a tambourine and leads those following her into a great song of praise. I thought about women in my life who remind me of Miriam; they go before me and invite me to worship a great God. They lead others with the song their lives sing. 

I thought about the younger women in our lives who we might lead into worship. If they followed us, what song would they hear? What song is my life singing? Would it be a dirge, a complaint? Would it be an exceedingly joyful proclamation? 

I'm thinking about the song my life sings today. Living with flair means we lead women into praise.

_____________________________
Have you had a Miriam in your life? Are you a Miriam?

No comments: