Tuesday, October 16, 2012

More of You

I hear a wise woman tell a friend that sometimes people want more of you. They want the real you--and lots of you.

They want more of you. Lots of you!  I think about the expression all day.

I think about the way I hold back with people, even my own family. I think about how I hold back in writing and even in my teaching. I think about holding back even from God.

Am I holding back? Where? How? I imagine God says: "I want more of you." Do I believe it, or do I think I'm too much and unwanted?

Living with flair means not holding back. We want more of you.

Where do you hold back in your life? 


Judy Gordon Morrow said...

This post reminds me of a chorus I sang way back in high school: "He is my everything, he is my all...." I do want God to have all of me all the time!
I just ordered a book called Everything: what you give and what you gain to become like Jesus by Mary DeMuth. Mary's writing is always authentic and transparent, and I look forward to reading it. I decided to paste in a link: Everything trailer!

Heather Holleman said...

OOOH, this looks like a book I would love to read!!