Monday, September 24, 2012

"Stress Comes from Assuming Responsibility for Things that Are Not Your Responsibility"

15 years ago (I remember the day!) a wise, older woman took me by the hand and said, "You experience so much stress. Sometimes stress comes from assuming responsibility for things that are not our responsibility."

What could she mean? She explained that God is responsible for it all. I'm not. Have I taken on responsibilities that are not mine to take? Oh, yes I have.

"You assume responsibility for things that are not your responsibility." 

If I'm not responsible for this or that, but God is, then everything changes.

Everything changes because God can handle it.

I think about this conversation multiple times a year.

__________________________________

What's your solution to stress?

1 comment:

Robin Kramer @ Pink Dryer Lint said...

I think that *I* will think about this statement multiple times a year (or perhaps a day), too. Thanks for sharing this wisdom.