Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Comfort in Everything"

I read this morning a quote from Hannah Whitall Smith. She argues that "the soul who gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul who complains can find comfort in nothing."

I realize the truth of it, especially when she later writes this bold statement:

"There can be nothing in our lives that lacks in it somewhere a cause for thanksgiving, and no matter who or what may be the channel to convey it, everything contains for us a hidden blessing from God."

How different my days could be if I only believed that every moment has within it a cause for thanksgiving and a hidden blessing from God!

Training the heart towards such truth--remembering it each and every day--changes everything.

______________________________
Did you find the hidden blessing today?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Training the heart...not such an easy task some days.
Thanks, Heather, this was one of those days...but now I see some of the blessings.