Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Then I See Them Coming

This morning, we leave for our first day of Walk-to-School. It's our 5th year of walking that mile together, but I'm worried I'll be mostly alone. Children have grown up; they've moved on to middle school so quickly.

It was fun while it lasted.

But then I see them coming: new families! One mother pushes a stroller, and her 1st grader joins me and shows off his new sneakers. I was that young mother 5 years ago.

Two other new girls join us on our mile even before I'm down the block.

A whole new group of young children now carries on the walking tradition, and I'm so happy I could cry. 

All together, we're 21 folks strong by the time we near the school. 

And so we walk on.

_____________________________________________
Don't you love seeing a tradition carried on?

No comments: