Friday, July 27, 2012

In Only Five Minutes

I look up at the clock and realize I've haven't posted my blog, and my personal deadline is 5:00 PM. There's no real punishment for not blogging every day; nobody penalizes me, and most people just don't care one way or another.

But I care! I love having that moment of reflection just to ask what great thing happened--what moment of flair--that's worth sharing. After 857 days of finding that thing, I'm amazed I just simply forgot to think about it today.

Can you believe it?

But I still have five minutes left of this blogging day. In five minutes, I remember. I remember to reflect. With four minutes left now, I think of the deep purple in the blackberry cobbler we ate, the sweet forgiveness we all had to ask of each other, the cool blue neighborhood pool, and the great storm cloud that hovered over it. I'll never have this day again.

I have two minutes now, and I think about how tomorrow and every day after that, I'm pushing as far into my experience as I can to find that one beautiful thing.

One minute left. Living with flair means we remember not to forget. I can't skate on the surface of my life. I want to dive deep.

______________________________
Blogging for even five minutes a day is such a blessing!

2 comments:

Weger Elaine said...

Just so you know, I watch for your email every day!
Thank you so much for writing; I love the glimpses into life through your eyes.

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing. Needed the word on forgiveness. Sometimes it just easier to "let it go" and not fully resolve conflicts. All that does is build resentment in the heart and distance the relationships God has placed us in. Who knows it may only take five minutes to reconcile! Blessings.