Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Drawn to a Simple Landscape

We run in the field across the street and through the woods as the sun begins to set.



I take a camera because that particular evening light always illuminates something I either haven't seen before or something I've seen before but never in that way. 


I observe the setting sun's light on the tips of corn plants in a cornfield. I realize that nothing interrupts the sunset when you're out in a great field. No buildings rise up, and no crowds of people block your view.

Maybe this is why I'm here in this town. Nothing can interrupt what I'm supposed to see when I'm sent to a simple landscape. I'm in a cornfield, wondering how I got here, and suddenly so thankful for everything I see.

_________________________________________
Do you find yourself drawn to the country sometimes?

No comments: