Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2 Recipes Worth Sharing for the 4th: Lemon-Blueberry Crumb Bars and Pulled Pork

Today, we make the Lemon-Blueberry Crumb Bar recipe that my mother-in-law discovered (she makes them sugar-free!). This kind of treat disappears within minutes; these bars are so delicious that you'll want to stop reading this blog and make them right now. 

Here's the link to Lemon-Blueberry Crumb Bars.

Then, our family favorite for the 4th is the Pulled Pork BBQ that you'll love. I take a pork tenderloin, throw it in the crock pot in the morning on high, cover it with water and one can of Dr. Pepper (or Diet Coke), and let it cook all day long. Before dinner, I drain the juices, shred the pork, and add our favorite sauce (Sweet Baby Rays or Sticky Fingers). We make big sandwiches out of dinner rolls and coleslaw. 

And yes, there's sweet tea and corn. 

________________________________
Do you have favorite 4th of July recipes? 

2 comments:

Barbara Thayer said...

Yum, yum...I will have to try them both.  They sound wonderful.  I especially love pulled pork so I will definitely give that a try!  Thank you for your sharing!

Italian Mama said...

Wish I had read this yesterday!