Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fresh From the Nest

On the walk home from dropping the children off at school, the neighbors and I see a baby robin leave the nest. He stands there ready to start really living.

Baby Robin, Fresh from the Nest

He tries his wings out, and the neighbors lean in and begin cheering for him.  "You can do it!  Fly little bird!  Fly!"

What a great day this one has ahead of him!  Flying!  Juicy worms!  Oh, what it must feel like to be fresh from the nest, exploring a new world!

I want to live this day as if I'm fresh from the nest.  Whatever I need to leave behind--whatever dependencies, spaces, and old, comfortable ideas of what life should be like--I do it, stretch out these wings, and go. 

____________________________
Do you need to leave something behind to emerge fresh from a nest today? 


2 comments:

Janepbutler said...

He definitely looks determined!

Monster Librarian said...

Your posts always make me so happy. Thank you. :)