Monday, April 16, 2012

What This Means

It's 84 degrees today, and everything (even me!) wakes up happy.  The tulips proclaim we are fully in Spring.  There's no going back to winter.  



Tulips in Spring

My husband then reports that the strawberry patch has her first blossoms.


We are in Spring.  There's no going back to winter.  I let my heart rejoice with what this means.  I come out of hibernation--in all its forms--and move into a season of vibrant color and fruitfulness.  Let it be, Lord!  Let it be as grand and colorful as the tulip.  Let it be as promising as the pure white blossom of the strawberries that will--that must--bear fruit in time.

I love the promise of it.  

____________________________________
Do you feel hopeful this Spring?

2 comments:

Wilma Luurtsema said...

Love Spring and all that comes in bloom and the promise of summer!!

LivewithFlair said...

I know! And tulips are my favorite.