Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Thrill of Surrender

I'm stuck in bed with a fever, and I read The Saving Life of Christ by Major M. Ian Thomas.  I underline in the brightest red these words:

"Relate everything, moment by moment as it arises, to the adequacy of what He is in you, and assume that His adequacy will be operative . . . Expose by faith every situation as it arises to the all-sufficiency of the One who indwells you by His life.  Can any situation possibly arise, in any circumstance, for which He is not adequate?"

Even in sickness.  Even in rejection, loneliness, disappointment, or loss.

I feel this ancient hope rising in my heart.  I feel this current of truth that overtakes my soul.  By the time I get to the part of the book where Thomas writes about the "thrill and adventure of being totally abandoned to the One who will lead you. . .," I forget my fever.  I forget that I'm sick, and I respond with perhaps the greatest two words I know:  Yes, Lord.

Yes, Lord!
 ___________________________
Have you read Thomas' book before?  It's a good one!

2 comments:

Patricia W Hunter said...

Isn't that amazing how surrender to the Lord lifts us above our circumstances!!! 

I haven't read Thomas' book, but it appears that I should.

Praying the Lord's blessings and healing over you this day, beautiful Heather. xo

Awen63 said...

Yes, Heather I have read some of Ian Thomas's books and especially found The Saving Life of Christ a good one.  Sorry you were sick, but glad to hear that God met your need through such a basic truth as surrender to Him. Hope today you are all well!