Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In a Crazy-Fan Kind of Way

Today, I write to a student who receives a low grade that "I'm rooting for him."  The phrase just seems so very important and necessary.

I'm rooting for you!  You can do this!  

I normally don't think about rooting for students but rather for teams or certain players in sporting events.  Maybe I root for certain politicians to win elections or actresses to win Oscars or Golden Globes. 

What if I rooted for--in that devoted, crazy-fan kind of way--family members, neighbors, and students?  What if I saw God as rooting for me (in that devoted, crazy-fan kind of way?).  Is this even Biblical?  I find this in Romans 8: " If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"

It's a new way to live with flair.  I'm rooting for you.  God's rooting for you.  

_________________________
Isn't it amazing to remember that God is for us and not against us?

No comments: