Thursday, March 15, 2012

How You Know It's Blogworthy

After two years of blogging at Live with Flair, I'm always looking for blogworthy material that I haven't already used.

On the walk to school, the sweetest little second grade girl asks me what I'm going to blog about today.  I have my camera in my pocket, but I haven't pulled it out yet.

"I don't know.  I haven't found it."

She points out the blooming crocus.

Done that.

She points on the tiny pine trees emerging from the forest floor.

Done that.

She finally points to a tiny daffodil blooming by the school.

Done that.  But wait. . .  

"Come here!" she says, pointing and smiling.

I bend down, pull out the camera, and tell her she's right.  She's found the blog for today.  I wonder if she sees what I see:  tiny yellow daffodils beating the odds, pushing against the dark decay.


I see their little necks straining so hard.   I see a mother and a daughter, a father and a son, an adult and a child. I see a teacher and a student. I see hope and strength and victory.  I see neighbors and best friends and love and joy. 



______________________________________
What do you see?

5 comments:

Elainelaurin said...

please dont be concerned about having new material daily heather, what you offer bears repeating, it is so rich in its meaning, depth and beauty... as a teacher i am sure you know that repetition is one of  the greatest parts  of learning, thank you for your daily commitment to favorable influence with flair

LivewithFlair said...

Thank you so much, ElaineLaurin!

Amy @ themessymiddle said...

I see a taste of community (two "against" the elements)
or
I see a beautiful picture of "where two or more are gathered, I am there."

LivewithFlair said...

I like the Bible reference!  Two or three gathered!  So nice! 

Charity said...

I see sun and shadow. Life has both, and both are necessary.