Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chasing Down That Light

 I spill out of the woods onto the meadow.


I see the way the late afternoon sunlight strikes the raw, brittle plants that rise up from the earth. I bend down, watching the light, and take the photo.


I remember that photographers go after the light.  I've never had any other formal training than this:  Go after the light. 

That's what I want to do every day; I want to go after the Light, even on the coldest and rawest days.

I walk until my fingers protest against the cold.  The sun, sinking lower and lower, animates nothing else this afternoon.

But for just that one moment, I saw the light and chased it down.

______________________________
Don't you just love late afternoon sunlight?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmm, this moved me.  What does this look like for you, chasing the Light?

Ashlee Hein said...

I took pictures in the late afternoon light today too! So beautiful :)

Amy @ themessymiddle said...

Growing up in Denver we didn't have enough spectacular sunsets due to the mountains. When I went off to Kansas for college one of the greatest discoveries were the sunsets. This post reminds me how infrequently I now see a sunset. I miss them!

Live with Flair said...

 That must have been a wonderful moment to see that first Midwest sunset! 

Live with Flair said...

 Did you post the photos?  Give us the link!!!

Live with Flair said...

 Definitely asking God to show me where He is working and what He wants me to see each day!