Monday, September 19, 2011

I Didn't Intend to Make a Fool of Myself

By now you know my weakness:  Michael Jackson's "Beat It."  I'm at the school picnic, and the DJ plays the song.  It's like I'm on autopilot; I'm gathering children to my side and announcing to the whole crowd that I know the choreography.

Who is this crazy woman?

It's me.  I'm sorry.  It's just me.  I can't help it.  I'm too old and too tired to be self-conscious anymore.

Besides, later that evening, a random father finds me and gives me a high-five.  "I wish I would have joined you out there," he says.  "I love that song."  Maybe at next year's picnic, he won't be wishing because he'll actually be doing it.

Living with flair means actually doing it.  You will make a fool of yourself, and that's just how it is.

_________________________
Journal:   What silly thing will you actually do today? 

6 comments:

Mommas Soapbox said...

Too funny! A few years ago I took the Rugrats Trick or Treating and there was a guy dressed as Michael Jackson. He had a friend with him with a boom box on his shoulder playing Michaels music. He came over and grabbed me and started dancing in the street to Beat it... Dancing around me....but I had to show him up and join in... My kids were hiding in their trick or treat bags, but I did get a big applause. LOL You go girl... Crazy women UNITE! LOL

Have a great day!

Ciao Bella!
Momma

Patricia said...

Oh...I LOVE it. Any photos? Video? =)

Unknown said...

Wonderful! At work, we often need to shake up vials of antibiotic before infusing; I tend to dance with my vials (I am not a good dancer) but have so much fun. My patients and co-workers get a chuckle.

Madalyn said...

Heath! I am blogging again! I just started a new one this past month about teaching and living life with food and family and my faith. And the sweet man is also on there! Check it out if you have some time! I'd love any and all feedback!

http://madalynbamer.blogspot.com/

Also, I read your blog daily!

Anytime the girls want to play, let me know! I would love to come over for fitness group again!

xoxoxo

Maddie

jeedoo said...

Yes, Heather! Love it. Do it!

Nancy said...

Wish I could show you pictures of my friends and me in our feather boas at my daughter's wedding. She used to be embarrassed. Now she knows there's really no stopping us, so she may as well embrace the craziness. And Michael Jackson? My friend and I could barely stay in our seats when we saw This Is It together in the theatre.