Thursday, July 21, 2011

What You Set in Motion Today

I'm listening to Francis Chan speak to a group of 5,000 folks.  He says, "Go do something that requires faith."  I realize that every wonderful event in my life almost didn't happen because of my being too nervous, too insecure, or too self-involved.  Marriage, parenting, writing, teaching, or moving to new places?  These things aren't always easy, obvious, or natural.  

As I thought about that quote, I suddenly realized that it's not just big and life-changing things that require enormous faith.  What about knocking on a neighbor's door to start a friendship?  What about writing this very sentence?  What about even waking up this morning and choosing a good mood?  (Now that's faith for me!) A very small act might create an avalanche reaction of beauty, joy, and change.  

I'm going to do things that require faith today.  It's not just big things.  Waking up cheerfully might be my act of faith today. Who knows what I've just set in motion?

__________________
Journal:  What am I doing that requires faith? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could say "Crazy Love" changed my life but I was too apathetic to initiate or receive real change or love. Francis Chan is amazing - because he practices what he preaches. Would I, too, act in faith and not fear!

Patricia said...

Francis Chan is one of our favorite teachers/authors and like Roberta said, he practices what he preaches.

I need faith for something today, and this inspires me. You have spurred me on this morning, Heather. Thank you.

Angel @ Finding The Inspiring said...

This is a timely post for me as I have been wrestling with some decisions and God has challenged me to move out of my comfort zone. Thank you for this dose of inspiration today. Blessings!