Friday, July 8, 2011

I Just Had to Share This Quote with You

I'm standing in a little gift shop.  I lean over to look at all the journals (journals are some of my favorite things).  They each have a different poem written on the cover.  I read this:


"Then swing your window open, the one with the fresh air and good eastern light, and watch for wings, edges, new beginnings."  ~~Monique Duval
  
Duval also wrote this:  "That’s the way it is with dreams. They scratch at your door. You see them through the peep hole: a stray dream looking for a home. You think it might go away if you ignore it. Wrong. It’s still there when you open the door, smiling. Wagging its tail."

Don't you just love an inspiring quote?  

___________________
Journal:  What did you experience when  you opened your window?  What dream is wagging its tail at you?     

6 comments:

Heather Jordan said...

I love this post! Morning walk in mist was my flair for today

Deidra said...

These quotes make me smile. Thanks!

missing moments said...

Inspiring and uplifting ....

Joyelle @ An Artful Endeavor said...

Beautiful quotes!
This morning I opened the kitchen door to smell fresh rain and the good, clean earth.

Sue Tell said...

I too love the quotes - especially the second one; quote journal - another entry is coming!

Dianna said...

Love those wonderful quotes: I've never heard either of them before. Thanks for sharing!