Friday, April 22, 2011

This Question Might Help You Rejoice Today

During breakfast, my husband announces: "The tire man really helped me rejoice today!" 

I know that some flair is coming.

"What do you mean?" 

"Well, when I dropped off the car at the tire shop, I told the man how thankful I was that this flat tire happened in a parking lot and not out on the road in traffic.  I could change it safely in that lot and not on the side of the road.  But then guess what he asked me?"

"What?"

"'Was it raining?' And I said, 'No it wasn't!  It was the only hour all week that it wasn't raining!'  I was so thankful when I remembered that."

My husband remarks that the tire man simply asked the right question to help my husband rejoice in the midst of something inconvenient. 

Living with flair means I ask the right questions to realize all the ways God is indeed protecting and providing even in the midst of trouble. 

_________________
Journal:  Was there a time in my life that God protected and provided for me even during trouble? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great observation. I also started writing down on my blog something "great" every single day...to always remember the simple things that makes life great and be present. Thanks for the inspiration from your blog.

jenny_o said...

My "grateful" thoughts do the same thing for me.

One day I knocked over a freshly made cup of coffee. Amazed at how negatively I reacted to it, I decided to find ten things to be thankful for about the accident. I easily found twice that number (eg didn't scald myself, it happened on a floor that was easy to clean up, I wasn't in a rush, the mug didn't break, etc etc) and it changed my whole mindset. You are truly on to a good thing with your journal question.