Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Message in the Clouds

It's raining.

I look up into the clouds.  Rain falls because the water vapor becomes too heavy.  It leaks out. 

Yesterday, a friend remarks that when we are filled with God, He leaks out.  He overflows. 

It's as natural as rain falling. 

You need upward motion (cooling the water vapor, making it heavier) and moisture (from various sources) to get that cloud so saturated that it leaks out rain.   

I want to be soaked with God today.  Moving upward, adding in moisture, I want to leak out radical love.  There's nothing I have to do but fill up.  And the result can nourish whatever earth it falls upon. 

Living with flair means I soak up and leak out. 

_______________________
Journal:  What's a favorite way to soak up God? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying creation is my new favourite way to soak up God. I'm planning a personal 'retreat' at a Scented Gardens to truly soak up the aroma of Him.